Friday, May 29, 2009

Frustrating

So losing weight is frustrating. And annoying. On one hand, as I was just saying to Michael last night, I don't care so much about the number on the scale, but rather how my clothes fit and that I lose the gut/belly. On the other, it is frustrating to work out like I did this week - Zumba Tuesday, boot camp Wednesday, spinning and kickboxing Thursday and a really hard boot camp workout (following one of his workouts he has posted, not the class) today - and have the scale tell me I'm half a pound away from my highest (non pregnancy of course) weight. Ugh. I know I could be losing weight but adding muscle, although I really don't think that's it, it makes me feel better. :)

There is good news though - Since March 14th, I've lost two inches around my gut (you know, that fun extra weight that's right below your belly button) and an inch and half around my belly button. That's progress. Slow progress, but progress none-the-less.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hang in there, girl. I am with ya about the frustrating part. I have lost a clothes size, but no actual weight over the past year and a half. I mean, I'll lose five or six pounds and then gain them back. I've just been maintaining. And I work out A LOT! It is so hard. It is scary for me to think what I would look like if I didn't work out though. :)

Rebekah said...

um. i think since you actually went and BOUGHT running shoes, you need to change the title of this blog to "erin's changed her mind. erin loves running". :)