Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Goals

I guess I should post my goals. I don't need to lose a lot of weight. Technically I'm not overweight, but it's enough that I'm not happy where I'm at. It's mainly in my stomach. I was thinking about it last night - I look like I'm pregnant. You know, early stages, but still, it's just enough and in the right place that I could be pregnant. (I'm not, by the way.) And I thought how when you're pregnant you can't wait to show. At least I couldn't. I wanted everyone to know I was pregnant. Now, whenever I work out I think someone's going to ask me when I'm due...okay, so I don't think anyone would actually ask, but they could be thinking it!

I've put my weight loss goals in to stages.

1st goal: pre-pregnancy weight of 119. Now depending on the day, that's anywhere from 6 to 10 pounds to go. Yesterday morning I weighed 125. Today, 128.

2nd goal: wedding weight of 113.

3rd goal: arbitrary weight of 110. If I had to pick a weight with meaning, it'd be high school, but there's no way I will ever be 106 pounds again. And that's fine by me.

Numbers aside, I'll really be happy to just lose the belly. I don't mind so much about the number on the scale or what size jeans I buy, I just would like a flatter stomach. The numbers are a way of me having a goal. I've also taken measurements of certain body parts but those I'm not sharing. ;)

So, anyone else out there trying to lose weight? Did you set some goals? How are you doing it? Exercise? Eating habits? Have any good recipes or work out tips?

PS, I'm pretty sure this will be a picture-free blog.

I feel the need to state that I realize no one may ever read this. Because really, how interesting is this to anyone other than me? But if you are reading this, I'd love it if you'd say hello. :)

9 comments:

Niki said...

You crack me up :) I'm all about "exercising" b/c I feel like the older I get the more my body resists exercise (or resists producing results). No one ever warned me about this part of aging!!! So, great job on setting your goals. I get bored with running so I've started taking spinning classes at my gym in the mornings before work...I love it!! Much more entertaining form of cardio than running. Anyway, that's my little suggestion on what I'm trying now. I'm trying to eat healthier too, but my addidiction to french fries is working against me :)

Marie said...

hi :)

Anonymous said...

totally reading this. totally want to smack you for your 106 goal weight.
you make me sick. ;)

Anonymous said...

hello.

Rebekah said...

ok. so i laughed before i even read anything because your title totally cracks me up! "erin hates running". i love it. *lol* & here i was going to suggest you take up running. how dare i!! haha. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin! I think starting a blog for this reason is a great idea. I'll be following ya because I'm on a quest to lose weight and get into better shape. Unlike you, though, I just recently started excercising again and I'm not good at it AT ALL. I feel like such a wimpy little klutz when I workout!

Missy said...

hi! Look at you go with two blogs! I'd love to join you in your getting healthy! I need to drop about 20-25 pounds.

Susie said...

Stoppin by to wave hello :) I have no restraint when it comes to dessert. I think if I gave those up about 5 nights a week, I might get some where with the scale.

Good luck, Erin!

Anonymous said...

I'll join you too! I want to lose 10 lbs, mainly in my stomach!! :-O