Monday, March 23, 2009

I have no will power.

No, really, I don't. I cannot resist Dr. Pepper. Or Russel Stover caramel eggs (or hearts or santas depending on the holiday) and tootsie rolls. They are my downfall.

So I decided to start another blog. Somewhere for me to log daily what I ate and my workouts. My goal is to keep track of everything I eat each day and if I work out that day, what I did and for how long. I'm hoping that by having to admit on here that I had two Dr. Peppers and 2 caramel hearts will shame me into not having two Dr. Peppers and 2 caramel hearts. Of course, I could decide I just don't care and have them anyway. We'll see. :)

I've been trying to lose the baby weight from Mackenzie, for, oh about 16 months and 3 weeks. With Emma, it was so easy. It literally just fell off. With Mac...not so much. I've stalled out with 6 pounds to go. Or 9, depending on the day. It's not for lack of exercise. That I do. I've actually gotten pretty good at that lately.

But eating is my downfall. And it's not just Dr. Pepper and candy. I'm just not into all that healthy food. Much more a meat and potatoes kind of girl. Read: lots of carbs. For lunch a lot of times I'll have Bob Evans Mac and Cheese (a horrifying 660 calories), croissants with cheese (reduced fat and fat free, respectively), pasta...you get the point. I don't think I'm a terrible eater though. I don't eat much fast food, I don't snack on chips and cookies and such. But the things that people eat when losing weight/being healthy I just don't like: salads, salmon, nuts, fresh veggies. Just not my thing. Although I do like a lot of cooked vegetables. And fruit. Overall, I'm just picky.

So I'm being realistic here. I'm not going to change my eating habits overnight. I'm not even going to try. I don't plan on giving up Dr. Pepper or candy. It's all about moderation. Smaller portions, better snacks, less Dr. Pepper and candy only as a treat once a week or so. I think I can do that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh i'm all about this! i've been going insane with the whole baby weight...i literally GAINED weight after i had london. (not realizing it was because of a painkiller they put me on afterwards) but now i'm trying to get off of it and i've been exercising and dieting like a crazy person.
hopefully the results will come soon. i'll be your diet buddy, if you want. :)